Monday, December 28, 2009

* merry christmas *

25 Dec

Christmas started when midnight came. Excitedly I opened my first pressie for the day and it was a bright cheery pink gift. Nice. Sure blends well with one of my goals for next year – which is to experience more cheer and joy.

Popped by the cinema to catch “Avatar”. Was reminded by the movie to appreciate nature more instead of indulging in consumerism constantly. Took a moment to give thanks for nature, for the air and earth which feed our bodies. Sounds mushy, but very true. We need to treasure Mother Earth more.

Dinner was at home with the family. Ours was a simple meal of McDonald’s nuggets and Korean instant noodles (one of my faves!). Well I gave thanks that Mr BF cooked it cos the noodle thing is his specialty and it was yummy. Had a warm fuzzy feeling as I gave out the presents to Mom, Dad and Bro. It feels good to be able to give.

The night ended quietly ... and I gave thanks for the spirit of giving at Christmas.
kate

No comments:

Post a Comment