Friday, December 4, 2009

chitchat and ramen

3 Dec

My "thanks of the day" is a toss between a chat with Dad and a bowl of ramen.

Something cropped up last minute at work today and I had to stay back. Just before 8:30pm, I ran into the yoga studio and made it just in time for the lesson. I was dripping big fat drops of sweat during the class but at least the tension in my muscles was released.

Feeling tired after the class, I trooped down to City Hall's foodcourt. Right on the table were two bowls of ramen that Mr BF bought whilst I was rushing to meet him and my dinner. Grateful for a ready meal because all the food stalls were closed by the time I arrived. The noodles were a bit soggy but I was real happy to dig in immediately as I was quite hungry. The ramen satisfied my stomach, and warm gratitude filled my heart as we gobbled our dinner together.

When I reached home, I had a nice casual chat with Dad about the current turbulent times and the world's economy. Sounds like dry topics but we got to know each other's thoughts better. Time flies when you are truly engaged in something you are interested in. So whooooosh and suddenly it was twelve plus already.

Today I give thanks for the loved ones in my life who care about me and my thoughts, and who are generous enough to share their time with me.


kate

No comments:

Post a Comment