Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Eve’s thanksgiving

24 Dec

ONE more day to Christmas!! Started the day with a run, literally. I was running a bit late for the mani and pedi session and the manicurists were worried I wouldn’t have enough time as they were fully booked today. When I arrived, they swiftly started and coloured my nails a rosy pinkish-red. In the mood for the festive season!

Well I gave thanks for the meticulous young ladies who snipped and clipped away the dry and chapped skin with precision. Also thankful for the invention of nail colour and for these ladies who make our nails pretty, putting a bounce in our steps.

Caught a glimpse of this lovely Christmas tree on the way to the cafe.



Teabreak was another adventure with Mr BF and me trying a new X’mas dessert called Cherry-Go-Round. Always nice to try something new. For this one, I like how the cold ice-cream tasted when eaten together with the warm pastry. We kinda gobbled it up in 10 minutes.



At night, we went to a friend’s BBQ party that ended with a gift exchange. I didn’t know most of the folks there but they were friendly and a few kept barbecuing the food for us all. Very kind of them.

Gave thanks for Christmas time gatherings where new and old friends meet to just chitchat over food and oh yeah, the gift exchange of course. (By the way, I still find it tough to buy pressies when I don’t know if the recipient is a lady or gentleman *grin*. This year I tried something new giving cook books.)
kate

No comments:

Post a Comment