Monday, December 14, 2009

care to share


Today when I read the email newsletter from Conversation Pieces, I was touched by the story that the lady shared. She was at a supermarket when the elderly man in front of her swiped different credit cards but still could not pay for his purchases, even after he asked the cashier to exclude a bunch of bananas.

In the end, the lady blessed him and paid for his purchases. The total was about $15, including the bananas.

When I read this poignant account, I gave thanks that there are people in this world who care enough to touch others' lives, even strangers. I am also thankful that I have sufficient and do not need to worry about my daily basic needs.

This Christmas, perhaps you can think of a small way to touch someone else's life. Maybe with a gift, money or your time. Spread some cheer!
kate

No comments:

Post a Comment