Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December begins ... tick tock ...


Finally, after eleven months of waiting, I strolled right into my favourite month of the year. With the festive season in the air, most folks seemed to be a tad chirpier.

I shall attempt to give thanks for something, for each day in December. Not a bad way to sign off 2009 huh?

Last month I accidentally smashed my watch when I dropped it onto the floor. It had been with me for around six years and the design is not available any more. So you could imagine my loud gasp when the watch fell from my palm.

As I flirted with the idea of getting a new one to replace the spoilt watch, I remembered a watch that my Dad gave me after Mom’s freak accident which showed us that life is very very fragile and a person can say bye to the earth any moment. A few years ago, Dad gave me a memento to remember him by, and it was a watch. Not a surprise, since he’s a ‘watchaholic’.

The old me would have bought a new watch at a sale. And there are many sales going on now! Super tempting.

But the renewed me decided to cut waste by not spending unnecessarily, and to appreciate and use whatever I already have. So out came the memento and when I wear it now, I remember Dad’s thoughtfulness.

I give thanks ... for Dad’s gift and love, and also for Mr BF who taught me how to de-clutter my life by making better use of what I already have. Kudos to these two men.


kate

No comments:

Post a Comment