Sunday, December 6, 2009

the blues and Santa’s visit

5 Dec

After five consecutive days of problem resolving in the office, I usually like to take things slow on Saturday mornings before clearing the housework. The afternoon’s routine then goes something like this ...

Neatening the room and throwing away rubbish.
Bringing Mom back to her bed after brushing her teeth.
Washing dirty laundry using the washing machine or by hand.
Keeping the clothes that are cleaned and dried.
Making a milo drink for Mom for teabreak.

Today there was a sudden change of routine when Mom managed to untie the string at the side of her bed, and escaped. I heard a noise and went to check on her. To my surprise, her bed was empty and she had walked to the kitchen.

As I led her back to her bed, I thought something smelled funny. My suspicion was unfortunately confirmed when I saw the urine patch on her bed. The urine probably leaked from her diapers onto her bed when she was making her getaway.

At that moment, it was very frustrating. My initial plan to take a bath was instantly killed. Having to clear the mess quickly, I put her back on her bed to change her diaper before letting her sleep on Dad’s bed whilst I cleaned the soiled bed.

Whilst rushing to clean up the mess during that vexing half an hour, I was glad for one thing. I wasn’t in the mood to be chirpy and thankful. But I did give thanks that the urine did not leave a trail on the floor, else I’d have an extra chore to do.

I had another surprise in the night though, luckily a much happier one. Here it is ... a Christmas sock with a present in it. I was delighted that Mr BF found some romance in his heart and pinned up a cute Santa sock without me knowing. Love the reversible hat (stripes and khaki) inside the sock and of course, the even bigger surprise of a little card because Mr BF is not a fan of written notes. I give thanks for this out of the blue wonder that made my today better.

Thank God Santa dropped by for a visit today.


kate

No comments:

Post a Comment