Saturday, December 19, 2009

chomp & chat

16 Dec

It was finally mid-week! I was especially happy that the days were moving along because I was so looking forward to resting this weekend. The big bad flu was a tougher nemesis than I thought, and I was struggling with painful on and off headaches whilst trying to resolve work tasks.

I relished the timeouts (lunch breaks!!) more as it meant I had a rest away from staring and typing at the computer. Today was special cos I met an ex-colleague for lunch. We had both moved on from the workplace where we first met and were facing different work issues at our respective jobs now.

We had a good time of updating each other on the current happenings in our lives now. And we found out that some of the tough challenges we faced at work ain’t so dissimilar across different companies anyways. (Ok, that helped us to feel a little bit better about our own mountains to overcome.)

Today I gave thanks for good old pals who can still chat and connect with me, offer me advice and insights, and at the end of it all truly hoping better outcomes will pop up for each other. Now that’s what I call all-weather kind of friends :).

kate

No comments:

Post a Comment