Thursday, October 1, 2009

true blue TLC


Over an entertaining lunch with lots of laughter and chitchat, a girlfriend told us that she’ll be on a getaway in Hong Kong this weekend with her hubby (sans kids!). We could visibly sense her excitement with the word s-h-o-p-p-i-n-g written in her eyes.

Well that aside, she told us it will be her 7th anniversary this weekend. Wow! That IS a long time together. I was doing crazy math in my head ... that is like 2,555 days of being with the same someone!

Like any relationship, I’m sure they had their share of both sunny and stormy days in those years. All the perseverance and love poured into a longer relationship is usually quite underrated. But today I just want to take a moment to take delight in their miracle.

I hope my friend and her hubby will have many more sweet honeymoons to come.

I am also thankful for the folks who have stuck by me all these years - those who embraced even my quirks, moods and the different seasons of my life. Thanks for making love so concrete and for those zillions of days of TLC!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwavz9bmxqo



No comments:

Post a Comment