Sunday, October 25, 2009

pick a treat


Sometimes after many days of intense work days, you just gotta pamper yourself with some R&R or S&S. Rest and relax, sleep and shopping ... whatever. Anything that makes you beam like a brand new being. Just take your pick.

I’m a fan of massages, so I went for one after a quick brunch today. My regular yoga lessons do help my muscles feel relieved. But nothing beats lying on a bed doing nothing, except to feel someone kneading the tightness out of your body. Nice.

Next up was my first ever perm in my life! The mere thought of seeing myself with curls was quite exciting. The process wasn’t that erm ... enjoyable, especially when your head was heated up to over a 100 degrees. (Hotter than boiling water, yep!)

But it was definitely quite an experience. In one scene I looked like an extra straight out of the Aliens movie with wires tagged to the curlers in my head. Totally out of this world.

After three hours, the perm was ready to be revealed. And I was happy with my new style. The treat of a new look? Absolutely priceless!


kate

No comments:

Post a Comment