Monday, October 12, 2009

lost and found


It was back to childhood days today.

I kinda forgot how it felt like without an ATM or credit cards. So I totally felt like a fish out of water when I forgot to bring my wallet out this morning.

You know, back when we were in school, all the money we had were in our little purse. That was what we could spend for that day – nothing more, nothing less. You couldn't suddenly fall in love with a pair of gorgeous shoes and whip out your plastic card to pay for it. Purchases had to be planned and kept within a budget – and today I had that déjà vu feeling of being much more aware of what I was buying.

Luckily for me, I had a human ATM machine in the office (aka nice colleague). Borrowed twenty bucks and off I went to get my breakfast. Somehow I was extra grateful for that breakfast!

Sometimes we take certain routine things for granted ... simple things like buying a flower. I usually get my flower on a Monday like a nondescript weekly affair. But today I was almost exuberant to get that beautiful two-toned pinkish rose wrapped - $1.20 got me loads happiness today!




By the time I was home, I was truly contented to reunite with my humble wallet!

Yippee :)
kate

No comments:

Post a Comment