Monday, October 26, 2009

today’s brew


A friend recently asked me whether I came up with the name “Today’s Brew” for my email letterbox.

I thought about what inspired me to pen that moniker, and remembered this wise quote:

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” (Matthew 6:34, NIV)

Those words taught me to take each day as it comes.

I also recalled that I was fascinated by the daily menu that usually greeted cafe fans with handwritten words scribbled in chalk. Every day’s menu had its own special concoction of the day. And similarly, perhaps every day brings its own unique blend of ups and downs – its very own flavour.

Since every day’s experiences are unique, savour each day’s one-of-a-kind brew as it comes. Here’s a toast!


kate

No comments:

Post a Comment