Friday, October 2, 2009

waiting and pausing


Today as I was clearing some old emails, I found something I wrote two years back which is still as relevant today. Here goes!


17 Sep 2007


Just read this nice quote today.

""I hope you'll hear what I'm about to tell you. I hope you'll hear it all the way down to your toes. When you're waiting, you're not doing nothing. You're doing the most important something there is. You're allowing your soul to grow up. If you can't be still and wait, you can't become what God created you to be." ("When the Heart Waits" by Sue Monk Kidd)

I know friends who …
- waited for a dream job for years …
- are still waiting for a deserved promotion …
- waited for their spouses to change or to come back …
- waited for healing for a loved one for a few years …
- waited for a loved one to be released ...
- waited for years to be pregnant …
- waited to find some meaning in life …

Sometimes the answers don’t come at the timing that we want, but will come in time.

Sometimes the answers are just right beside us, if we open our hearts ... something I learned from The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.

"With time and patience, the mulberry leaf becomes satin. With time and patience the mulberry leaf becomes a silk gown." (Chinese Proverb)


Take heart :)

No comments:

Post a Comment