Saturday, October 31, 2009

bon appétit!


I finally found some time to be with Julia and Julie last night. And it was delight to watch two women’s lives transformed by their same love for cooking.

Of course, the delicious-looking fanciful meals that they dished out in the movie made me happy too - loved the eye candy! I don’t know anyone who cooks like that at home on a regular basis, else I’d be glad to be that budding chef’s neighbour!

Julia Child had a “career switch” in her 30s when she took up cooking lessons. The fact that she went on to influence America’s cooking is stunning.

Equally amazing is how Julie Powell picked up a new hobby of cooking and blogging in her 30s, and is now living her dream of being a writer.

How does it feel to embark on a brand new journey, and jump into an unfamiliar venture? What is it that you love, but have not found the courage or time to just do it?

I have some adventures in mind, and shall take the baby steps to kick-start them. As for this November, I shall get down to hunting for a recipe and try making my fave dessert – the lovable panna cotta.

Meanwhile, stay inspired by the two gutsy ladies, and start your own quests!


p/s: If you have yummy panna cotta recipes, please do let me know! Merci beaucoup ^_^


kate

No comments:

Post a Comment