Sunday, September 27, 2009

what matters ?


What will you do today, if you have a glimpse of how you will die?

This question kept hovering in my head after I watched “The Traveller’s Wife” recently. The movie also reminded me of the book “Tuesdays With Morrie” and how Morrie Schwartz spent the last period of his life doing and saying what he really wanted.

Will finally understanding that we will not be permanently on earth trigger us to truly do what we want?

Right now I am just letting that fact sink in – that I WILL depart from this earth one day. So what can I do for the next half of my life? (Oh yep, nearly half the journey is gone!)

What will you do? Will you ...

Finally try to contact the good old friend you lost touch with?
Say sorry to someone who matters to you still?
Chat more with your family and friends?
Peel away from long work hours sometimes to discover your loved ones more?
Do the job you want? Or at least try it out as a sideline or hobby?
Set aside time to exercise and take care of your body, even though you have job datelines?


Jot down your list and do one thing this week. One thing at a time looks less mind-boggling than a long long list! Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment