Thursday, September 17, 2009

simple delights


The universe proved to me once again that great finds can be discovered in humble places.

It was raining big drops last Sunday. Struggling to squeeze the two of us under the modest umbrella, we stoically made our way to Sun Kee Noodles at Causeway Bay (Hong Kong). It was such an ordinary looking small shop that it’d be really easy to miss it. However, we hunted by the shop number instead of its name – so we were really happy when we spotted number 49. Oh yeah, finally rest and relief from the rain!

The menu looks uber unassuming – all Mandarin words with no pictures. My Mandarin ain’t fantastic and I didn’t want to destroy my dinner choice. So I opened my guide book and showed the waitress THE picture of the tasty looking bowl of noodles with curry fish balls and drool-worthy chicken wings in spicy sauce.

When my dinner finally came, I was eating so fast that the hot yummy vegetables sort of ‘burned’ my tongue. It was that delicious and I couldn’t stop eating.

When the bill came, it was even better! I think it was not even HKD 30 for a bowl of noodles. Isn’t it great to bump into fantastic finds that satisfy you fully and yet not cost you the sky?

Makes my heart go BOP when I find things with low price tags that can bring me immense enjoyment and big smiles to my face.

Simple delights right smack in every day places. Simply perfect!





p/s: If you are in for a bowl of heavenly noodles, Sun Kee Noodles can be found at 49 Tang Lung Street, Causeway Bay. Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment