Sunday, January 3, 2010

signing off 2009

31 Dec

Hoooooray!!! Time to celebrate the last (but certainly not the least) day of 2009.

Everyone seems to be in a happier and more relaxed mood today. The bus and MRT were less crowded. The office too ... seemed to get lots more "out of office" emails.

At dinnertime, we were at Mr BF's two-year-old nephew's bbq party to celebrate his birthday. His parents turned chefs for the night as they dished out a steady stream of satay, otah, chicken wings etc.

Today I gave thanks for the 365 days that I had in 2009. For every day, I was given the chance to make my own decisions, to move towards the goals I had. Though not every item on my wishlist came true, though Mom still has not regained her memory (still the same since her accident nearly 5 years ago), though not every day was a jump-for-joy day ... BUT I did survive through 2009 with my loved ones still in my life. I thank God for that.

Hopefully in the brand new year, I will live with more awareness, make wiser choices, taste more joy, be blessed more and give more as well. May next year be a worthwhile journey.
kate

No comments:

Post a Comment