Sunday, January 3, 2010

the real presents

29 Dec

Today was the meet-the-girlfriends galore. First up on the menu was lunch with Steph and Audrey. Very sweet of them to drop by my office area to have ramen with me during the busy lunch hour.

Both of them were on leave but true blue friends will still brave the Shenton way traffic to have a nice and frank catch-up chat with one another. Such sassy angels. And guess what? Steph blessed me with a stalk of another of my favourite flower - this time a yellow rose. Love yellow roses cos usually they bloom so prettily.

Dinnertime was a long-awaited get-together with two of my ex-uni hostel mates. We tried to meet up in November for Thanksgiving but everyone's schedule seemed to be jam-packed. But we were determined to have a meal one last time in 2009 and celebrate X'mas (just a little belated).

It's not easy to keep in touch over the years when all of us had our different jobs and life stages. All three of us went towards very diverse directions since we graduated. But our friendship only deepened through the few thousand days since we knew one another. Very precious to have friends who are open with you and who genuinely want you to do well without jealousy clogging the friendship.

Received my X'mas pressies from the gals and am delighted with the practical and thoughtful gifts like the pink polka dot pjs and the bag organiser.

Today I gave thanks for the gal pals whom I got to know at different stages of my life in school and at work. And to be blessed with friends who truly hope for me and my family to be well - that's simply splendid. These gals are the tops.
kate

No comments:

Post a Comment